If you’ve recently visited ca.com then you’re probably aware of CA Technologies' focus on the evolving needs of the enterprise as it builds the “Modern Software Factory”. At CA World 2016, CEO Michael Gregoire used his to keynote to discuss companies that are built to change. Otto Berkes' keynote described what a Modern Software Factory is and why enterprises need to streamline innovation so that ideas can turn into new customer experiences quickly and efficiently.
He identified 5 key principles of a Modern Software Factory:
It was a fresh perspective on the challenges our customers face and how to meet them. I recently found myself reflecting on how CoreBlox, a CA Focus Partner, is already aligned with the vision for the Modern Software Factory. Many IAM industry people know of our architecture and services delivery capabilities, but we are also a software company. Our CoreBlox Token Service allows CA Single Sign-On to securely exchange tokens with PingFederate, an increasingly common need within large organizations that have security solutions from multiple vendors. Our ToolBox for CA Single Sign-On automates and streamlines common CA SSO administrative tasks while increasing overall security and easing regulatory compliance. Developing, refining and supporting these products has given us a taste of what it's like to run our own Modern Software Factory. But how do they contribute to our clients' own ability to adapt to an ever changing market?
Here is a breakdown of how ToolBox for CA Single Sign-On embodies the essence of the Modern Software Factory:
- ToolBox allows you to be Agile in your daily security management practices. It enables you to easily promote SSO policies across environments and seamlessly onboard new applications.
- ToolBox helps to drive ever evolving user Experiences. Companies that are releasing new applications and on boarding new users daily need to be able to control access by defining new policies and updating existing ones. ToolBox centralizes the management of these policies across environments so that the user experience is consistent and predictable.
- ToolBox is the Automation engine for CA Single Sign-On. Its intuitive user interface makes most of your common administrative tasks as simple as pushing a button. ToolBox's template-based approach makes it easy to re-use configurations that have already been created.
- ToolBox was designed to bring Security to your CA Single Sign-On operations. With ToolBox, you'll be able to delegate administrative functions and precisely control user access across environments. Simplified policy testing allows you to eliminate errors that cause unintended vulnerabilities. With all of your environment changes audited, compliance requirements are easy to fulfill.
- ToolBox delivers Insights into how your security policies are being configured and the subtle differences between your environments that could impact user experiences. Its optimization functions highlight subtle configuration tweaks that can improve performance and allow CA Single Sign-On to grow and change along with your business.
CoreBlox is committed to building products and solutions for the Modern Software Factory while incorporating its key principles into our own day to day experiences as a software company. We're excited to be aligned with CA Technologies on this quest!