ToolBox for CA Single Sign-On (formerly CA SiteMinder) allows IT administrators to streamline many of the common tasks necessary to effectively maintain a CA Single Sign-On environment. From migrating policies to automating the creation of common objects, this unique product reduces the day-to-day overhead so that your team can focus its time and attention on other areas.
ToolBox for CA Single Sign-On provides a rich UI with features that are focused on policy management and migrations. Administrators are able to initiate their cross-tier migration processes in a manner that can be easily repeated, virtually eliminating the potential for human error. Policy snapshots provide a point-in-time reference that can be revisited for tracking and auditing purposes.
ToolBox ships with both a standard client-based user interface and a web-based UI. The Web UI makes ToolBox a more portable solution for companies that have multiple administrators managing their CA Single Sign-On environment. It has all the same great functionality as the client-based version, and it is also skinnable should you choose to brand it for your orgnanization.
Other key features include:
- Policy Comparison Tool: Our Policy Comparison Tool seeks out and displays differences between policy servers and automatically generates migrations to resolve those differences (you can also edit the generated migration plans if you wish). Users will have the option to manually link objects that appear to be different (ex. different name, OID, etc.) but are actually the same. The end result is time saved from having to build custom scripts to remedy differences, as well as an overall reduction in the risk for human error. The Policy Comparison feature makes it easier for companies to support and maintain CA’s recommended three-tier (Dev/QA/Production) approach for deploying CA Single Sign-On.
- Configurable Users/Groups with Linked Artifacts: Administrators can now create and assign users and groups within ToolBox, allowing more fine-grained control over who is authorized to use which features. ToolBox artifacts are attached to the users and groups and stored in a central location. This allows for faster and simpler sharing and collaboration between team members, while also reducing the chance for duplication of effort.
- Policy Optimization: Administrators can load configuration data from an XPS export for analysis by ToolBox. ToolBox will generate a report detailing suggested changes to policy servers and policy objects that will increase their overall efficiency as well as the efficiency of individual domains and applications.
- Policy Duplication: Administrators are able to clone multiple policy objects and even entire domains with just a few clicks! Avoid the wasted time and potential for human error involved with manual duplication of objects.
- Policy Templates: Administrators can develop a set of objects or domains for a specific use case and then create a template based on that object set with variable fields such as URLs, configuration data, or even parts of object names. These templates can then be used to create any number of new object sets based upon the original configuration.
- Migration Macros: with Macros, Administrators are able to “transform” object sets based upon a set of custom rules that they define. For example: the user may opt to change any field with development specific data (such as names, IP addresses, object references, etc) to QA or Production specific data. Any migration generated by the ToolBox will be able to be transformed by running against a Macro, thereby eliminating further manual data entry and potential for error.
Download the Product Sheet here.
To download a free trial of ToolBox for CA Single Sign-On, simply contact us by completing the form below: